Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I just can't win

I feel like crying, I feel like screaming…This damned disease and its treatment has wrecked havoc! Now I have lymphedema. It’s the painful swelling of limbs when fluid is unable to past thru the lymphatic system properly. Now I will have to walk around witha fat arm and a sleeve on at all times and have constant therapy to control it. It seems there is a cure for some cancers if you catch it in time, as is the case with breast cancer. However, guest what…there is no cure for lymphedema .
It makes me think back on my decision to have my stupid lymph nodes removed; did I know this was going to happen? Ferlando would say it’s self fulfilling prophecy. I say I’ll be Dam “ed” or I should say I am Dam “ed”. It’s so frustrating! Just makes me keep wondering what the hell have I done in this life for this ass kicking to continue. I’ve always said when I die I want to be cremated but hesitate because I know my family doesn’t agree with it, but as the days of my life continue and all this stuff keeps happening to this ole body, I think just cremate it. Yeap, I’m not denying it; this is a dark moment for me so just pray for me. Well I’ve always liked Gone With The Wind” and today I am going to be focused on being like Scarlet O’Hara…in the end when she just doesn’t know what she’s going to do she saids…”I’ll think about that tomorrow”.

1 comment:

Mel B said...

So I do understand. Why? Cuz I fight with this same issue but it's edema (swelling) in my fat ass ankle. That's right - just one ankle, not both. Luckily it does hurt but is not sexy in the summer when I wear sandals and one ankle is fat and the other is not! It just draws attention to the fact that I am old and got medical issues! Some things you can not tell by looking at someone...this is not one of those issues. But keep dealing with your stuff and I'll keep dealing with mine...it's the life that we were given to live...not the best but for sure, not the worst...