Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

It's 2010 and I'm praying for a better year. The last four years have been tough for me. I went through a three year (2003 - 2006) court battle to get a divorce. I was hit by a car in 2006, lost my grandmother in 2006, changed jobs in 2007, diagnosed with breast cancer and lost that job at the same time. Fought to save a child from the streets. Financially I hit rock bottom, don't know if I will ever completely recover. Went through treatment for breast cancer in 2009, so looking for 2010 to be a better year. However, God sent me wonderful support during my illness my Mom don't know what I would have done without her. My family, my friends, my church.

Trying to put some closure to the breast cancer treatment. I will have surgery once again on Jan. 11, 2010 to complete the breast reconstruction. I am on a new medication to block estrogen which fed my tumor, but having a difficult time with it. It's causing me bone pain and it's miserable to be in pain all the time. I plan to get back to acupunture to control some of the pain and may ultimately decide not to take the medicine and simply pray for protection from a recurrence after all there is no guarantee.

I feel like I can enjoy life again. I have also been working with other women who are facing breast cancer and that is rewarding in itself. I plan to go to Track Meets to see Tyler run, that should be fun! I will continue with the Steppers lessons and what ever else that will help me keep my stress level down. I truly focus on keeping my stress level down and will continue to do so. I remain prayerful in every aspect of my life and praying for a happy, health and properous 2010.

My goal is still to be good to people, but only to the extent that it is healthy and comfortable for me, and to realize that I can never make everyone happy. They are responsible for their own happiness just as I am responsible for mine.
- unknown

I won't worry about where I'll be in 5 or 10 years or really every for that matter. Instead I'll think about what I want to do and less about where I want to be. After all, I imagine that if I'm doing what I want to do then I will be where I need to be.

- unknown

No comments: