Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well Thanksgiving came around and it was much different than a year ago. A year ago we were at Mom's and I was healing from the Mastesectomy. This year we had dinner at my house. I was really excited to have dinner at my house. It gave me some since of feeling normal, the old normal It was good. I only had one disaapointment. My Mom came to dinner and refused to participate, she refused to even come into the dinning room for prayer and blessing of the food. I did attempt to find out what was bothering her and she said that I treat her like a dog! I decided not to spend much time on it. I simply apologized for whatever she thought I did, and told her I was sorry she felt that way. I left it at that and went on to enjoy my day. Later I found out she was angry because I had not told her who I had invited to dinner so that she could prepare enough food. We had plenty of food. I continue to pray for Mom. It's all I can do because I refuse to allow her issues to cause me stress but I do pray that she can come to grips with her issues put some closesure to them and stop putting a damper on others and particularly on special occassions.

It was good to see family that we had not seen in a while. Thera came, Georgia and the kids and Dani and Mike along with friends and Robin clean and with her kids . I had a good day!

No comments: