Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lymph Nodes

Well relunctantly I decided to have additional lymph nodes removed. I made the decision based upon medical advice given to me by several physicians. It's disappointing to me because I want all of this to be over with. However, after visiting the plastic surgeon today I realize that this will go on for some time to go. Because I have to have radiation, he can't complete the breast restruction at the same time that the lymph nodes are removed. The order of things will go something like this:

1) lymph node removal - level one and level two (possibley of to 20 lymph nodes)
2) Radiation - Four weeks of radiation after 4 weeks of healing from the lymph nodes surgery
3) Completion of breast reconstruction six weeks after completion of radiation.\

Total time approximaley four more months


Well I am getting some hair. I have hair growing under my arms and the peach fuzz on my head is starting to lay down. I look like a little old man with thinning hair.

I'm working on getting my weight down. I lost 2 pounds this week but learning to eat healthy again is hard. I cheated today, I had a slice of cheese cake from the chees cake factory. But I've worked out every day this week.

My energy level is slowing returning and I'm feeling better so I'm feeling more encouraged. I just hate to give it up to go back to surgery and healing all over again.

Well that's it for now.

Holla

No comments: