Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Wounded

Tonight I attended my cancer support group. The group has grown since I joined, which really bothers me. Breast Cancer seems to be running rampant. After tonight's meeting I came away with the title of today's entry into the blog. There are about 15 women in the group and each and every one of them has been wounded by the breast cancer treatment and healing. The treatment has left wounds like mine; neuropathy, weight gain, heart problems, bone pain, bone loss, other cancers, burning, loss of breast, altered breast, pain, arm pain, lypmphdema, fatigue, mental angish, depression, loneliness, abandonment, lost of faith, fear, and the list goes on. We are in the group to support each other through the journey, we live, we learn to laugh, we focus on "me", we trust our doctors, we challenge them and most of all we wonder "why". However, there are women in the group who are suvivors, two time survivors, and carry the wounds from the first treatment and the wounds from treatment of the recurrence......Just wounded. How do you heal the wounds...with Life, with faith, with prayer.

Pray for the wounded!

No comments: