Sunday, May 10, 2009

Surgery is tomorrow

Today is Mother's day. It was a good day. I started the day out by meeting Chris, Jenny and Ken at the trail in Frankfort. They ran six miles while I rode my bike. It felt wonderful. Later we had a breakfast pastry, tea and coffee. When I came home I worked on cleaning Breyen's room. I'm trying to get used to the idea of her not being here and in my heart I think this time she won't come back home. I just pray that all is well with her. Cleaning her room was an overwhelming task. However, it looks a little bit more like a guest room now. I still have to get to her closet and break the news to her that she will need to get her things.

We had dinner at Mom's it's always nice to get family together. Fanny Early came by and gave me a card. I love her spirit, she is so funny. She lifts my spirit.

Well tomorrow is the lymph node removal surgery. I'm as ready as I can be. I've prayed and asked God for no complications, I've asked him to bless the surgeon and to let me come home tomorrow after surgery. Tyler's prom is next Saturday and the conference Track meet is on Friday and I want to be home for that.

When surgery and Tyler's activities are done. I will have to start looking into selling the house or renting it or something. I think I can hold on through the summer. Moving on in some ways I'm looking forward to it. First things first...surgery, Tyler graduated and off to college. I will recover for about four weeks from surgery and then I will begin radiation. I had hope all of this would be over by summer, but I took the time making the decision about this surgery so it pushed treatment back. Also, since I can't eat after midnight tonight, I plan to start back with my healthy eating habits and try to get some pounds off so I can wear my clothes, get back to church and back to my job search!

I have to be at the hospital by 11:30 AM. Surgery is scheduled for 1 PM.

Holla

No comments: