Monday, May 18, 2009

The tube is gone

Well it's been a week since surgery. Today I went to see the Dr. to have the tube removed. It hurt when the stitch was cut but I didn't feel it all when the doctor pulled the tube out. Now I have to go back to physical thearpy to try to get the range of motion back in my arm. I've been working on my arm excercises but now that the tube is out, my arm is very sore. But I have to push through the pain. I am so glad the tube is out because it was becoming annoying and painful.

The lymph nodes removed were all negative. I told the doctor "see I could have kept my little lymp nodes." However, I do understand better safe than sorry. I told Mom the results. Mom is driving herself crazy and I don't know what to do about it. She so stressed and tense: she lost her temper with me once again. Her acid tongue is very painful but I continue to attempt to be positive. I keep praying for my Mom because I think she thinks my havin breast cancer is about her. May she thinks God is punishing her, maybe she's angry I don't know and I don't know what to do to help her through. I think just being me upsets her. I guess in a lot of ways I am a different person now and I just have no patience for drama. I just keep praying for Mom to have peace to be worry free and comforted by her faith in God.

Now in the back of my mind I worry about lymphdema. However, I have to give it to God and get past it as even if I don't get lymphedema today, I could get five years from now or never. Now I have to look to radiaion. I will call the doctor to see when we need to start that process. I remain prayerful as radiation can also bring on lymphedema. However, getting the raditian done will be the last big hurdle in the treatment. For now I am cancer free and I am truly grateful for that. I am also praying that it stays that way.

I'm getting a little more hair. I should say it's filling in more. I would like to see more of it sooner than later, but who knows if it will grow back to the length it was before. I will have to be patient and wait and see. The new hair is very soft and silky, truly like a baby's hair.

I did drop a few pounds but I've eaten terribly these last couple of days. So I have to focus so that I can do better. I've been told that staying thin will help me fight lymphdema and cancer recurrence so I really need to get it together.

I am looking forward to summer and warm weather. Hopefully I will be finish with all treatment by Sept. or Oct.

Holla

No comments: