Monday, March 16, 2009

What a Day

This morning I started my day preparing for Chemo. Breyen was supposed to take me to chemo but since she was up late helping Rachel and Robin get settled in their new place, I took Chris up on her offer to take me to chemo. Chris picked me up at 7:45. She took me to physical thearpy so we could try a thearpy that will hopefully give me some relief from the neuropathy in my hands and feet. From there we went on to the Doctor's office for chemo. Things were moving really slow so Chris and I just sat and laughed and talked. I was call in to have my blood draw; it turned out that my white blood cell count was really low. As a result, I was concerned that I would not be able to get chemo today. I have been on schedule (every two weeks) with my chemo treatments from the beginning and I did not want to put it off. I especially didn't want it put off today because today's chemo treatment was scheduled to be the last. The toughest part today was that the neupathy was really bad in my feet. When I was called in to see the doctor they took my weight and I won't turn you what my weight is, just know I'm a big girl! Anyway when the doctor came in and I shared with him how severe the neuropathy has been, he said you are done, no chemo today. I said to him explain "done" he said you have 98 percent of the chemo in your system and if we give you chemo today with neuropathy as bad as it is it would weaken you and you would not be able to walk. I didn't know rather to laugh or cry, scream for joy or what so I just simply thanked God that I am done with this poison. I hugged chris and the Dr. Here I was concerned that I would not get the chemo and would be off schedule due the WBC and God just stepped in and gave me a special gift!!! What an awesome God he is. There is more I have yet to consider the removal of more lymp nodes and more good news, I will have to do 4 weeks of radiation instead of 6. I went back to say thank you the chemo nurses. I also went into the chemo room to say goodbye to the other patients that I sat next to every other week and shared prayers with and they had good news as well. A couple were in remission and another was receiving her last chemo.

Chris and I went to celebrate that means eating; something I will definitely have to stop. I'll worry about that when the neuropathy allows me to be on my feet more often. It may take awhile but that's okay. I just look forward to it going away. And, I may have a little hair by this time next month. I call Mom and all my other family members and friends to share the good news..."it was good"

What a Day... A Good Day, A Blessed Day.

Praying for complete healing.

Holla

No comments: