Sunday, June 14, 2009

The day before Radiotion Treatment #1

Well tomorrow is the day for the first radiation treatment. I thoought they were going to start on last Friday but instead they did more marking. The nurse offered to tatto the marks needed for radiation and I looked at her like she was crazy. She told me the tatoo would just look like freckles and that most of their patients get the tatoo. Well as I said before I am not "most". I have natural freckles I don't need any tatooed on and I have enough scars so I don't need to add anything to it. So the nurse told me to think about it because other wise I would have to try to keep the marking on which she covered with clear tape.

Anyway my appointments are Monday thru Friday at 9 AM. I said I needed to get back to work. Well this will be like getting up to go to work. In addition I have physical thearpy three days a week. I still have a few issues with cording from the lymph node surgery. I am trying to get back to my exercise level because the radiology doctor told me to try to keep to what I would normally do but not to add anything new while getting radiation. Oh, and swimming is out. I have start on my multi vitamin and I'm really going to need it as radiation causes fatigue. And get this I had a wipe out day on Sat. I guess I over did it and the fatigue from chemo hit me like a rock. Also, I was fighting a cold. I went out did a interval job with Erica for two miles and walked one mile. I then went to a graduation party with Tyler. On Sat. when I woke up I could barely move. My body hurt terribly. I slept most of the day and really needed the rest. Today I also took it easy because I don't want to go into radiation fatigued. I went out briefly to get an aloe vera plant which I will use with the radiation creame that was prescribed to try to prevent the burning and irriatation as a result of the radiation. The doctor said I will probably start to burn about half way through. Well just pray that it doesn't happen and if it does that it is not bad. I have to have 30 treatments which adds of to six weeks. I will not get radiation if I am sick, if my blood count is too low, I just take a day off or their machine breaks down. If I stay on schedule I should be done by July 28. Thad includes missing this Tuesday June 16 because I have to take Tyler to U of I for registration and it includes the 4th of July because the doctor's office is closed on Friday July 3 in observance of Independence day. After that I get a six month break before going back for yet another surgery to finish up the breast reconstruction.

Well I got a response from disability. They want me to see a psychologist to determine if depression is a part of my claim. The hoops they make you jump, as if breast cancer gets your endorphins flowing!

Well as most you know, I have hair now. It is very curly but soft and very gray at least in the top. It will probably be months before I get enough for a ponytail. I can't wait! :)

Holla

No comments: