Monday, June 15, 2009

The first day of Radiiation

Today I did get radiation. When I arrived I went straight to the dressing room. I put on a gown and a robe. The tech came to get me and we went into the room where the xray machine is kept. I laid on a table with my right breast exposed and it took about ten minutes and I was on my way. I didn't feel a thing. However, I did use the cream that was prescribed to prevent burning. When I left the doctor's office I went and sat with Chris for awhile. I came home and took Jasmine out for a walk and then headed to physical thearpy. I'm really feeling sluggish because I am still fight this cold and now I have a sore throat. I took a nap, got up and went to the track. I didn't stay because I was not feeling well. I went to the health food store to see if I could find something that would help me fight the sore throat. I called the doctor but can't get into see him until Thursday. I have to take Tyler to U of I tomorrow, so I hope I feel better in the morning.

Well 29 more treatments to go. Hopefully my skin will hold up and I won't get much burning and irriatation and the fatigue will not set in. I'm already so fatigued from the chemo and now this cold. The tell me chemo side effects should go away in about six months. Three down three to go. Praying this will be over soon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAR!

Holla

No comments: