Thursday, June 11, 2009

Radiation

Radiation begins tomorrow. This past Monday I went for a radiation consult. During the consult the doctor explained to me what to expect. A cat scan was done and my body was marked with two X's. The doctor explained that most patients do not have a problem with radiation. However, I am not usually in the "most" catergory. Perhaps this time I will be in the most category. That would be nice. The side effects are fatigue and burning of skin where the radiation is applied. I was given a prescription to use to try to prevent burning of the skin. I was told by another cancer survivior to use aloe vera from the plant as well. I am looking forward to getting this done and over with. Although I will have to take hormones for the next five years. I will be happy not to have to go to the doctor so often. Radiation will be every day Mon. - Fri. for the next six weeks.

I still have chemo side effects. Fatigue, but I push through and Neropathy in the mornings and late at night. And, my body aches to a point where I can barely move in the mornings. It's like being the Tin Man in the Wizard of OZ. Once I get up and get going I can move around like an well oiled machine. The other side effect of course is the weight gain and that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

The cording from the lymph node surgery is getting better but still there. I'm wearing a sleeve for a few hours each day to see if that will help.

I am benn trying to get back on a running schedule but the fatigue slows me down. I will continue to work on getting back!

I am also getting my resume out, it's time to get back to work!

Holla

No comments: