Monday, February 16, 2009

Sitting in the Chemo Chair #6

Well as most of you know the last chemo treatment went well with the exception that I had a cold. Today was I sat in the chemo chair for treatment #6. Six down and two to go. The treatment made me sleepy because it is given with a hugh amount of intervenous benadryl. I did manage to get my lunch in before it knocked me out. Mom came to pick me up and we then picked up Ferlando. I can in and managed to prepare dinner with Tyler's assistance. Bree checked out on us after she got in from class. Ferlando came back over and work on our computer and ate dinner with us. That is after I managed to get myself out of bed. This treatment did make my stocmach a little queasy. It made me feel like I had to move my bowels diahearra style but it didn't happen. Also, I have to go in tomorrow to get a neulasta shot because my white blood cell count is down. I was disappointed about that because neulasta causes joint pain. Taxol cause bone pain, muscle pain and neuropathy. Mixing these two drugs together may not be any fun. I'm continue to pray for no side effects. I was feeling so good after getting over the cold I had with last treatment, so you know I really did not want to go sit in that chemo chair today.

I spoke with an Inidan women who set next to me today. She was so upset because she had six chemo treatments and they did not work and they were now going to do a CT scan of the brain and continue her on chemo. I told her that I would pray for her and I did just that. It is so heart wrecking because from personal experience, I do know that it is hard. It's hard to go through and it's hard to watch anyone else go through. I pray that the chemo is working for me, I don't even want to begin to think about what having to continue with chemo would do to me mentally and physically. So just pray. I am praying for Tee, she is the care taken for her other half who is having surgery on Friday. I hope all goes well.

oh, yeah, I am growing peach fuzz on my head and hair under my arms. Get this the peach fuzz on my head is gray, imagine that! Well Buggs and Dar I may be joining you with that beautiful salt and pepper hair. See I really am in the family!

Oh yeah, Happy Valentineseveryone. I hope you had a good day. I attended a Mother's Informing Mother Valentine breakfast. It was a nice opportunity to fellowship with other mother's and share encouraging words. I purchase a shirt for myself, I had to get a medium, who never had to have a meduium shirt and now I'm gaining weight and don't even want to think about getting into another pair of pants other than a pair of sweats! Exericse I need you, chemo I need to be finished with you so that I can cut back on eating and get my body back together.

I plan to start putting resumes out at the begining of March, I need to get back to work. Dr. said if I do well on next treatment he will release me to work. Yea! Well I have to get up at 4 AM so Holla Yall

No comments: