Friday, September 26, 2008

The Calm before the Storm

Today was a good day. I woke up thinking about breast cancer, I did a little reading on the subject, but once my day got started, I didn't think about it much. I went to visit my friend Maria, she isn't feeling well. It made me realize that my journey with cancer does not mean that I can't offer comfort along the journey of others. I will do what I can as long as I can to encourage her and let her know that she will heal and to be positive, faithful and prayerful, because God will see us through.

For the first time today, I saw how much my journey with cancer is affecting Tyler. It's her senior year and I hate that is putting a damper on things. Hopefully, she will stay strong. Breyen wants to be informed but keeps her distance. Funny, I wish I could watch this thing form a distance and in some ways I am. I keep thinking, is this real, can it be real. I look at myself, I look at my breast looks pretty normal to me. However when I feel the breast it reminds me quickly. But I'm better overall for now....

No comments: