Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This Place

This place and time in my life doesn't match my dreams. I was working and planning on being an empty nester. I was getting out doing more social things with friends, working out, playing golf, making changes in my home and enjoying being in my home. I was hoping that Breyen would get herself together get into school get her education and become the intelligent well rounded young women that I raised. I'm looking forward to Tyler going to school, running track and maybe one day participating in the Olympics.

This is a strange place. I hope and pray that both the girls will go on with their lives and that this cancer thing doesn't slow them down. When I woke up this morning, this place felt pretty good. I am assured that God will heal me. Then I went to the doctor today to have a biospy of the uterus and doctor couldn't get past the cervix. He did tell me that one cancer can lead to another. Well as Cousin Georgia said "The devil is a lie". I believe that. The next step now is a type of DNC, that may come before the surgery for my breast. This is a strange place, there is light and there's darkness. I sure wish I could see what's beyond this place.

I picked up the result of the MRI today. Even without the definition all of the medical terminology, it's easy to understand that the report is not pretty...but cancer is caner. The left breast is full of cysts. The right breast is full of cysts along with the cancer and mass at six to seven o'ocloc, essentially all of the breast is cancereus..(bye bye right breast). Can I keep the left one....doubtful the MRI saids it's full of cysts, hetergenous so who knows. I will learn more from the doctor tomorrow.

I read an article today in Women's magazine where Robin Roberts shares her experience with breast cancer. She has been in this place...she gets it. On the other side of this place is a new place that she is still trying to define. It was funny reading her article, was like reading my own thoughts.

There is a better place than this place!!

No comments: