Monday, September 22, 2008

The ]MRI

The MRI was done at Ingalls Hospital this morning. The appointment was scheduled for 10:00 AM. They were running late so we got started around 10:45 AM. Mom went with me. She sat in the room with me while they did the MRI. I tried to convince her that she didn't need to do that, but she was worried that I would have problem with the dye that is run through the veins because she had a problem some time ago when she had an MRI. She said she felt like she died on the table. So, she sat.

To begin the process I got undressed from the waist up. I had to take off all jewelry and my ponytail holder. The Tech (Carol) then started a saline IV. I then went into the room where the maching for the MRI was located. I had to lay on my stomach and place my breast in two holes in the table. Then I was slide into the machine kind of like a tunel. I was actually very comfortable. I had taken some allergy medication the night before because my allergies have been bad and I have that dreadful cough again. For those of you who been around me for awhile, you know that cough! Anyway, I almost slept during the scanning. It took about an half hour.
The oncology nurse (Lisa) paid me a visit afterwards and answsered our questions. She was really nice. Mom asked about brain cancer because a article given to my sister by her doctor indicated that when diagnosed with breast cancer, women should be checked for brain cancer as well. Lisa said that is not a concern right now at least for me. We'll talk to Dr. Krause abou tall of that on Thursday. I also spoke to another nurse who informed me of a clinical trial that I could participate in...I'll think on it.

I spent the rest of the day playing golf and working out! I have received lots of calls and prayers and I am truly thankful! You are all so wonderful.

Stay tuned for an "OUTPOURING OF LOVE"

2 comments:

Ang said...

Nette,

I'm glad to know that the MRI was not as bad as people often say it is. When you feel like it, give me a call and tell me about the trial the nurse told you about. Take care

Unknown said...

Hey Annette,
I was glad to read that your MRI wasnt as bad as you thought. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.
Dani