Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day after Chemo

I was able to go to the club this morning. I went to Panera to have a little breakfast and then I was able to go to he doctor like a big girl....all by myself. I got hydration and more anti neusea medication. It's almost 9 PM and I'm feeling pretty good. I came in from the doctor and put my PJ's on anticating the one two punch and so far I'm good. Thank God! Prayerfully tomorrow won't be too bad and I can start to recover soon. I will go in tomorrow for more hydration. Today I refused the steriod they put in the medication. I am getting so fat I feel like a stuffed Teddy Bear and you know it's worst when I try to get into my clothes. And in addition, I read up on the side effects of the steroid and it ain' t pretty, no wonder I was so sick last time. Some of the effects are hot flashes, neusea, hair loss, dizziness, lightheadness, just to name a few and last time I got the steroid intervenously and orally. I can't wait to get off this stuff.

Yesterday I got a couple of calls from church members. It was good to hear their encouraging words and personnel stories of encounters with others who survived breast cancer. I feel like I'm turning the corner heading toward recovery. I have 5 more treatments to go. I still have radiation to go and possibly more surgery, but I'm feeling encouraged.

I concentrating on getting fluids down. I don't know why it's so hard to drink, it just doesn't feel good to drink. So I'm having a popsicle right now that counts for fluids. I will try to get some water down tonight. I must because I want no more dehydration, that was not fun.

Hoping for a good day tomorrow...maybe he the kangeroo punch will give me a break.

Holla

No comments: