Sunday, January 18, 2009

I went to Church today

I pulled my courage together after Tyler looked at me like I was crazy for my reason for not going to church. I'm glad I went, it felt good and I felt good. Rev and Carolyn are going to the Inaugration, so exciting. I can remember the Civil Rights movement and how hard it was on blacks so I could not imagine that I would see anyone of any race or gender than white and male. With all of the excitment over the movement that will officially put a black man in office two days from now, personally there was a damper on it. On Nov. 4 I was recovering from surgery and had unpleasant words with my mother and on Tues. when he IngAugration takes place I will be sitting in an chemo chair. The upside to that of curse is the being cured of breast cancer. I think Non Violent Martin Luther King would have liked No Drama Obama. I ask Rev to bring me a picture of he and Carolyn, they always look so good together and I know on that day they will look like royalty and I'm looking forward to putting that in my scrap book.

Later today, I went to a birthday brunch for JoAnne's 50th birthday. The food was good and he company even better. But I have to tell you I had the bigges laugh. I was talking to my friend Joyce and I was laughing at somehing she said. I put my head back and laughed off flew my wig. I was shocked, I put my hand over my head and I whispered to Joyce " My hair is on the floor". It was hilarious. Joyce had not even noticed it until I whispered to her. She recovered quickly and told me to get behind her to pick up. I got behind her and picked it up. I put it back on my head really quickly. And then the Ms. JoAnne the birthday girl comes up and saids "girl you need to take a trip to bathroom and comb your hair. By that time Tyler looked at me and I told her what happened. She said thank God I didn't see it fall because I would have hollered. We all had a good laugh, probably the best laugh I've had since this all started. I'm glad I was with friends and that we could all laugh. Well Rev. I guess the hair looks okay, I just need to learn to keep the hair on my head.

Well tomorrow is chemo #4. Holla at yall tomorrow!

No comments: