Sunday, November 23, 2008

A better Place

I woke up this morning and called PeeWee. We talked on the phone like old times. We used to talked every weekend for hours and that's what we did today. It felt good. We talked about our families our hopes, our fears and our futures. We also talked about our past, who would have thought we would be where we are today. Funny how things work out. But talking to her today reminded me of who I am. I've never run away from anything before, I've stood tall and fought the fight. I've been in this funk lately, filled with fear and anxiety and talking to my friene today made me realize that's it's time to stand up and fight. God has already given me the victory already I just have to claim it. When I think about all of the people in the world who are sick and have crippling ailments, financial problems, family problems, etc. I realize I'm pretty blessed.

I'm not looking forward to chemo, but my prayer continues to for healng so I will also pray for a smooth healing and few side effects from the chemo. Pee Wee's mom told me it wasn't easy but she got through and my cousin Learlean did quite well, so I'll make it though. With Christ all things are possible".

It's time to get back to life and living it to whatever capacity and quality I have the ability to live. I will fight this battle and I will not fight the battle of others; my children, my family, etc. I have to look inside work on my inner being and my innter strength. As Ferlando said tonight when he came by to pick up Mom...He said his father told him that his grandmother told his mother that "sight is not in the eyes" I have to stop looking with my eyes, I have to look whit Jesus, with my inner vision and my faith.

Babysister came by today and took me out to lunch. Talking to her too let me know that God has been good to me. We see with our eyes what's going on around us but our vision is clearer when focused on Jesus. Thank you Babysister for sharing for being there, for listening things will not be this way always.

I'm in a better place!

No comments: