Saturday, November 15, 2008

A good Day

After a long day in the house and feeling like the walls were closing in; I spent much of the wee hours of the night(friday AM) on and off of the phone with Ferlando. He was registered into the emergency room at Stroeger Hospital. After a few hours of waiting he was seen, had blood drawn and was given a CT scan. He was given morphen for the pain. He checked in with me every few hours to let me know he was okay. He spent 24 hours in the waiting room in a bed in the hallway and was finally admitted. He' s okay but will be in pain for some time. They sent him home today with pain medication and told him to eat as little as possible for the next couple of weeks and the condition should resolve itself. Trina went to pick him up tonight and took him to home. He's been resting most of the day, so I haven't spoken with him since he left the hospital. Hopefully I'll get by to see him tomorrow.

I woke up this morning and made a few calls. I called JoAnne and when she got my message she called me back. She was headed south so she decided to come and pick me up. We went out to breakfast and then over to Macy's. We brought Tyler a jacket, too cute! We came back home and Annie and Darlene came by with chicken and Darlene made homemade popcorn and I made lemonade. JoAnne, Darlene, Annie, Tyler and I all set down to watch "This Christmas". Annie had us laughing so hard because she was so tickled by a seen in the movie where baby oil was put on the floor to make a man getting out of shower slip so she could whip him with a belt. I had so much fun today....It was nice to get out and wonderful to have a movie date with the girls. I hope we can do it more often. I was enjoying it so much that at the end of the meeting I had to remind myself that I have breast cancer. I thought how did this happen and I reminded myself that even though I'm feeling better everyday and getting stronger each day...this is just the beginning. JoAnne noticed the mood change so I snappped out of it because I didn't want to put a damper on her fun. When everyone left my sister called. She told me Ferlando is okay, just resting and that she will come out to spend the day with me tomorrow and cook dinner for me. That will give Mom a break. Mom was here earlier today and I wasn't here. She wasn't happy because the girls were laying around and not getting things done around the house. I talked to the girls about doing what is asked of them, hopefully they will do better. I think they like myself are getting comfortable because I appear to be getting better. Unlike them though I know I am still facing Cancer and the treatment for the cancer. Reality is a "*itch". However I continue to be blessed.

Anyway Clara came in tonight. It's been some years since I've seen her so I'm happy she's here. She said she came to pamper me. Tyler actually went to the airport to pick her up. Her friend Stephanie rode with her. It was a big step for her, but she did it with no problems. Clara will be here until Wed. I gave her the tour of my body, it was a bit shocking to her but she took it well.

It was a good day! I am so thankful for all of my wonderful friends and family. My church family has sent so many cards and well wishes, I thank God for all of you!

No comments: