Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day two after Surgery

Today is a better day. I'm still totally nauseated but not in pain. Usha the nurse, tried everything to get me to eat. I tried a few crackers. I ordered chicken broth but the smell of it made me sick. I was able to get a popsickle down. Everyone was trying to get me to eat, I tried, I really did but I was so sick, I just couldn't. The decision was made to take me off of the pain pump as they figured that the pain medication was really making me sick. So they stopped the pump and started me on oral pain medication. And the decision was made to remove the cath and allow me to sit up for a while. I managed to sit up for about two hours. Mom was still with me, Louis brought Tyler back to the hospital, Babysister, Katrina and Breyen all sat the evening with me. I ate a bit of lunch. By dinner I was able to eat pretty good and the food was pretty darn tasty!

Erica came to visit, she brought me a pretty pink shirt that I had my eye on from the health club along with a beautiful card and some literature on scripture. I really appreciated her making the trip. It's long hard drive through traffic. When Erica left, everyone else started to leave as well. I really wasn't ready for everyone to go, but it was getting late. I was afraid that I was going to have another bad night. So, when everyone left, Mom and I settled down for the night. I asked for a sleeping pill.

I took my sleeping pill and it didn't take long for me to fall asleep. I was really pretty tired. The is to go home tomorrow...so we'll see. As it turned out I slept well. The nurse came in to give me pain medication in the night and after that off to sleep I went. A pretty good day all things considered.

No comments: