Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

On Monday Chris took me to the Hospital for a MUGA Scan, which tests the strength of the heart. The heart needs to be strong because one of the Chemo drugs can adversely affect the heart. It was another scan that required and IV, oh joy! Chris was a gem. She waited patiently and treated me to breakfast afterward. I had an opportuntity to discuss my condition with Chris. I was worried because she lost her sister and her father to cancer. I did not want her to be faced with that with me. She admitted that had crossed her mind. I plan to be here to live and continue to run, work out, golf and have play dates with Chris. I am thankful Chris is going to hang in there with me. She is also she is going to help me with my physical thearpy.

I saw the plastic surgeon yesterday. He decided that I didn't need any more stretching which is good cause it's so uncomfortable. He also drew fluid from my back. I had not been able to sleep on my right side because it hurt. It also hurt to have the needle stuck in my back to withdraw the fluid from my back, but it felt so much better afterward and I was able to sleep on my right side. The fluid is already starting build again so now I will need to go every week to have the fluid drawn down. I am glad I will be able to sleep on my right side because after the port for the chemo is put in my chest on the left side, I will not be able to sleep on that side. The port will be put in next Thursday and I will receive the first chemo treatment the same day.

Today I went to physical thearpy for the first time. It was actually fun. It was a little like being in the gym, so you know that felt good to me, esp. since I've gained this weight. I have to find a happy balance with this weight thing, cause today I put on a pair of pants that were entirely too tight and I wear these pants all the time. It has been explained to me that I will probably gain weight because the anti nausea drugs and other steriod given to help you feel well make you gain weight. I'm in trouble cause I have no big clothes and surely can't afford to buy any. Oh well I'll work on that later.

Breyen and Tyler are at odds with each other. It makes for a very uncomfortable environment. Breyen is kinda back to her old ways and Tyler has little tolerance for it this time around. I've set them down and talk to both of them regarding what I will need from them while on chemo. I can only pray that hey hear me and will respect my wishes. It makes me a little nervous to be here in the house with them and feeling weak. Louis tried talking to Breyen but nothing seem to make a difference. I have to give it over to prayer. Funny thing though Breyen is being very helpful preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. Rachel brought most of the food and tonight she and Breyen got in the kitchen and got busy. Rachel made potatoe salad, Breyen prepared the potato casserole, she's working on the homemade rolls and the german chocolate cake. Tyler's best friend's Mom made me a banan pudding and it's almost gone, so I don't think it will make Thanksgiving!

It feels strange to me because I usally prepare these foods and dinner is usually at my house. I'm glad I didn't have to take it on. I could have, but it's been nice sitting back and watching. Hopefully, it will taste as good...yeap I just gave myself a pat on back. I'm still not absolutely sure where we are having dinner, either at Babysister's or Mom's. It will be my first time just putting my feet under the table and eat and I don't even have to wash dishes afterward. A girl could get use to this. Aggg...not really, I look forward to next year and getting back to cooking. However, I do realize that this is a good experience for the girls! I will need to just pray for the girls!

I will go wig shopping next week, I need to be prepared cause I have a big head and I don't know if I can do bald in public. I've already cut my hair short, but I know it will still be hard to see my hair fall out. We'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am giving Thanks for being here, for my support from family and friends and the good health of family and friends as well as the cure that I know God has planned for me.

Happy Thanks giving

No comments: