Monday, November 10, 2008

I went outside today!

Today I woke up early but I did not get out of bed until after 9AM. I took a shower and Tyler milked my drainage tubes as Angie watched. The next thing I knew Angie was shaking and her eyes were closing. Then she started to fall down, I told Tyler to grab her quick. Then Angie had to lay down for awhile as she was really faint. Angie doesn't think watching the tubes get milked had anything to do with it but I do. Not only that but she saw my body as well. I have a scar on my back from my spine to just before the side of my breast. Not a pretty site. In addition I have a breast that has no nipple and then she's looking at the tubes being milked. It was a lot for her to take in. It kinda of reminded me of the "Bride of Frankenstein". At the same time I hear the words from others who have seen my breast say how good they look and they are amazed. The Plastic surgeon is particulary proud of his work.

Mom stopped by but she didn't stay. However, she did comment on the fact that it was almost 11Am and I had not eaten yet. We teased Angie all day and told her she was in trouble cause she had not fed me. Angie said she knew she was in trouble and that her plan had been for us to have gotten out for food before Mom came. It was really funny! It was also nice to hear that Mom went to health club today. She looked so pretty and rested!

After Angie recovered, we went to the Egg & I for breakfast. I had a waffle combo. Breyen went with us, in fact, she did the driving today. Then we stopped by the eye doctor, the nurse there was very interested in my recovery and was amazed to see that I was back up on my feet. Then we went to the health food store; I wanted to do some research on natural healing supplements for cancer. I found a few things, but I was only able to purchase one, they are pretty expensive. From there, we went on to Angelic's bakery. I have been craving a double chocolate cup cake, it was hmm, hmm good. My appetite has kicked back in and I will need to be careful or I'll be fat before long. It felt really good to bet out of the house today.

When we came home I had some visitors, BabySisterm, Nona, Mary, Cory and JoAnne. I'm getting really spoiled. I love my visits.

I plan to start reading, I think my mind is getting clearer so I'm going to take on some reading material around cancer nutrition and prevention. I also plan to spend some time on the phone with various foundations for assistance in paying co pays, co-insurance and out of pocket expenses. Prayerfully there will be some assistance out there for me.

I scheduled the bone scans the ct scan of the chest and stomach for Wednesday of this week. Please pray that there is no other cancer anywhere else in body. Praying for the blessings of Abraham.

No comments: