Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Food

Yesterday, Trina came over and cooked dinner. She made homemade chicken and noodle with cornbread and salad. I begged Mom to make candy yams for me and she did. I am getting fat. I have been eating things that I haven't allowed myself to eat for at least three years now. I have got to stop this because I can't afford to buy new clothes for my fat butt, but lordy the food was good. Mom, Shawna, and Ferlando came by and Clara is still here so I had plenty of company. A girl could get spoiled with all of this company. Baby Sister and Jean stopped by too. I love the visits. Ferlando was able to eat, but then ate a little much and was in pain so he had to leave to take paid medication. He's got to learn to go slow.

I'm feeling pretty good, yet I remind myself that this is just the beginning. But I'm going to enjoy the good days while I can.

Monday was a busy day. Clara took me back to FEMA to see if I could get the link card. We stood in line for an hour and a half and in five minutes wha la...I had it. It will be a big help. I almost ate healthy for lunch. I had soup and salad, but I had bread with it so that ruined it. I'll try to be better tomorrow. I'm starting to feel yukky with this extra weight. i can't wait to ge back to the gym. And in addition to the weight, everyone is starting to make comments about my breast. We've been getting a good laugh as everyone saids you got a rack up there now. I told Clara just imagine the reaction I'll get when I'm back in the gym with a sports bar on. They're probably say something like there's something different about her..wonder what it could be people. People are even starting to ask to feel them! LOL! I admit they look good, but they feel heavy, much like walking around with a grapefruit strapped to my chest. I'm prayerful that the healing process will allow me to feel normal again and not like I'm carry around a grapefruit on my chest.

I get to start physical thearpy this week or next, yea! As soon as I get my full range of motion back, I will be able to drive again. I got in my car today and it is just filthy, so I've got to get back, cause I can't stand a dirty car. It really isn't that dirty I would just rather have it cleaner.

Clara took me over to visit Mom today. We watched a crazy movie that Ferlando referred to us. The movie was really weird. Clara told Ferlando we were going to have to check on him if he thought that was a good movie. :)

Things seem to be settling down at home. I'm getting better, healing from the surgery and everyone seems to be relaxing more as I heal. So it seems chapter one of this breast cancer journey will end calmly. We will have to wait to see what tomorrow brings. The cards are pooring in wishing me a speedy recovery and encouraging words, it' overwhelming in a good way and I am truly thankful! Continue to pray for healing. I get results from scans later this week.

Anita, I am praying for you and your family. I pray that all is well with your Mom and that she is blessed with healing.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Annette,

It's Diana. I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for your healing along with you. I will call you soon, but want to give you an opportunity to have things settled down.

Much Hugs,

Diana