Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I Spoke to Soon

Well it seemed like the second chemo treatment was going to be better. In actuality I think it was. I was able to feel half way decent or so I thought. The new anit- nausea medication made me sleep so I didn’t drink as much. In addition I had that nasty chemo taste in my mouth so that made it hard to swallow liquids. The nasty taste just seems to go down to my stomach with every swallow. As a result, when I woke up on Monday Morning, I thought I was doing well. I was going to attempt to wash up a few clothes, I got a far a dumping four items on the utility room floor and to the couch I had to sit. I decided then and I’m glad that I did to call the doctor. They had me come in, took my blood and all of my counts were good. So, thinks did go well, so why was I feeling so weak. It turns out I needed fluids. I got two and half hours of fluids on Monday and I’m sitting in the chemo chair right now get two and half more hours of fluids and more anit nausea medication. Hopefully, this will help me feel better for Christmas. If nothing else, maybe I can tolerate odors enough not to get sick. The nausea and the weak feeling is the worst. I reminded myself today that I need to be strong mentally and physically, but I tell you this feeling keeps me reduced to tears. I keep thinking about getting this done, getting healed.
I do use the little energy I have to focus on healing. The girls still keep the house a mess, they fuss they fight, they hurt my feelings by not helping me out as much, but I tell myself this is their way of dealing with things. They keep asking me what I want for Christmas. “All I want for Christmas and any other time is my health.” I don’t mean to be the Christmas crinch. I’m just thankful that God gave his only son for me so that I could live. I pray, but it seems not as much as I should, but how much is that. I pray that I live, that I am healed with problems and complications, but then I find myself encountering so many people as I go to the doctor encountering some kind of journey that I find myself praying for them more than me. I pray for my mother constantly, she is my rock. It hurts her so to see the girls not stepping up to the plate and she’s not feeling well herself, so please keep her in your prayers as well.

The doctors and nurses at Ingalls have been loving and caring and I thank God for that too. It helps get through things better. They are still working with me and hoping to find the right formula to help me get through future treatments. I look forward to ticking the treatments off on the calendar. I can’t wait for it to be done. I pray that the job is done and healing is complete.

Venectia came by yesterday. Makeda found out that I had Cancer and told Venecita. Guy never told her. She felt bad that she had not been around since I’ve been sick. I told her it was okay, I know she would have been there had she known. I told her I had not called because I always tell her to call and check in. I knew she would call soon. Our love and friendship is still strong.

Well my fluids are almost done, so prayerfully I’ll feel better after this.

Family is having dinner catered pray for my family, we’ll get it all right one day.

Can’t wait to feel better!

No comments: