Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tomorrow is the First Day of Chemo

Well, here comes step #2...Chemo every two weeks for 16 weeks. I'm headed to the hospital at 7Am tomorrow to have a port put in my chest that will all chemo to enter the body through a large vein. The port will remain in place throughout chemo and a few months beyond that. I'm praying that I will not be adversely affected by all of the side effects and I hope I can keep some hair until I get a wig, if not a hat will do. I spent my last day with out chemo getting my teeth cleaned. The doctors don't want me to have my teeth cleaned during chemol. I also had a relaxation thearpy session today and it was wonderful! From there I went to physical thearpy which is always good. Then on to my cancer support group. The ladies in the group are all very wonderful and it's nice to openly share our feelings, thoughts and experiences. From there I came home to prepare my bag for tomorrow.

I'm all good. I'm not nervous or anything just wanting to get started so that I can get all of this behind me. Standing in faith and God willing all will be well.

No comments: