Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Second Chemo Treatment Tomorrow

Today was busy and good. I got my hair done. This short hair is cute in a way but it is work. Let me tell you it's nothing like pulling your hair back into a ponytail and running out the door. I Picked up my anit-neusea medication....let's hope it does it's thing this time! After that I went to physical thearpy. I've started lifting light weights and working with the ball. It's amazing that I used to work out and lift 20 to 25 lb weights and now 2 to 3 lbs weights wear my booty out. But it's fun and I enjoy it. Watching me work on the ball is too funny. I roll all over the place and chase the ball a lot instead of drippling it... and I can't catch. Hard to describe, just trust me it's funny. After that I went to a session called Look Good Feel Better to learn how to apply make-up wear wigs and attach hair to scarves and hats. Annie went with me, they encourage supporters but they wouldn't let her touch the make-up. Weird but okay. It was just a blessing to have Annie there with me. She spoils me and I like that. I guess I should enjoy it while I can cause when I heal she won't be so nice to me anymore....:). Just kidding Annie. I love you and Thank You for everything. Then Chris continued my pampering, she took me to Cafe Borja. We met Michele and Betsy there and they gave me a lovely card and a beautiful candle holder. The food was good and the company great. Thank you Ladies. I keep saying thank you but I hope every one knows that all of the support is truly appreciated and that simple words cannot express how much it really means to me.

Well tomorrow is chemo treatment number two. I hope it will go better than the first one. The good things are that this time I don't have a cold and my port is not infected. We now know that no cooking can go on in the house and the doctor is going to try something a little different in an attempt to control the neusea. So as long as my blood levels are good we will move forward.

I had a conversation with Ferlando today. He really is a deep brother, but I get him. I understand him. He's in mourning for his father and growing. He's getting some needed alone time and will come out of mourning even more special than he already is.

Angie goes for an job interview tomorrow. I'm praying that she does well and gets the job. Keeping you all in my prayers.

holla!

No comments: