Thursday, October 2, 2008

Consultant with The Plastic Surgeon

I met the plastic surgeon today. He's a nice looking polish man. In fact he knows my allergist. His credentials speak volumes. I hope he is as good as the credentials indicate. His office certainly looks like sucess. Anyway, after my conversation with him, it seems that there will be no tummy tuck for me. The Dr. actually said I was too skinny. Can you imagine that? I've been working on getting rid of my tummy for as long as I can remember, yet he told me I didn't have enough belly fat. I am still having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one. He indicated that I could go with the tummy tuck method but the reconstructed breast would need to be smaller and my other breast would need to be augmented (reduced) to match the reconstructed breast. Well now most of yall know that I just claim an "A" cup, doesn't mean I can fill it up...LOL! My other choice would be implants, but that would require extenders to stretch the skin which can be painful and would take longer (more procedures to complete). The other choice is to take the skin from my back, which I really did't want to do. I've never had much upper body strength and my right shoulder often aches anyway, so I'm afraid I would have more pain later in life. However, the plastic surgeon felt that the back flap would be the best method for me since I'm such a little thing. Crazy! Just Crazy! This "little thing" is blowing my mind, I can't get my mind around it. I mean America's Top Models are skinny, I do not have a models' body. So, I asked the surgeon how is it that skinny people (for real skinny people) get boob jobs that make them bigger. He explained that they simply get implants, they haven't had a mastsectomy so they have the skin needed for the bigger boobs. He further explained that I will not be able to get double "D's" or anything to big because even using the skin and muscle from the back there is just not enough fat to go much bigger. I told him that as a girl growing up I always prayed not to have big boobs and I still don't want big boobs. He told me that I will heal quicker with this method as well and spend a day or two fewer in the hospital. I am disappointed, after all if you have to go through this, there would be value added in getting a tummy tuck. Of course he can still do a tuck after all is said and done because he won't need fat for any thing. Oh well. He also thinks I will face less risk of complications. I am going with his recommendation.

He then had the nurse come in and allow me to try on some boobs to determine what size my breast will be after the operation. It was weird but oddly enough fun. My Mom and Babysister were there with me through the exam and everything. I wonder what they are thinking...it's scary for me watching all of this go on (as if I'm a outsider looking in...Ha, I wish). But I wonder whatg they are thinking really. I will have scars when it's all done one on my back and one long one across the reconstucted breast and a small one on the augmented breast. After the talk and the exam, the doctor took pictures of my breast to be added to the boob photo album in his office. Guest I will have to take pictures 0n my ownand create a scrap book of memories of myself with two real boobs! Well now at least it seems that things will begin to move. Possible surgery dates are Oct. 13, Oct. 17 or Oct. 20. I'll let you know. Just remember and keep praying that the biospy of uterus shows no cancer and that there is no cancer in the lymp nodes. I remain strong in my faith, I continue to pray for healing. My next question who will I be after surgery, I know I will be me but will I be profoundly different? Am I already profoundly different?

No comments: