Friday, October 17, 2008

Getting Prepared

Today, I decided to stay put and attempt to get my Family Room cleaned and re-organized. I decided not to work out and not to do any errands so that I could get the rooom done. I've been working on it for weeks. I am naturally a pack rat and I had a ton of paper that needed to be shredded and discarded. I started as soon as I dropped Tyler off at school. Sorting through all of the paper was overwhelming. I had EOB's dating back to 1996, cards, letter, bills, the girls kindergarten drawings you name it I had it. Mom and Ferlando came over to help. God, they were a big help. I don't know how I would have done it without them. Ferlando worked really hard, he took my big ole desk apart. I've been wanting to get rid of it for years. Good riddance I'm glad It's gone. Ferlando also moved the entertainment center and the couches. I know he has to be tired. I am so thankful for his help. I was so overwhelmed at one point that I just thought it would not get done. We finally finished around 9 PM tonight. The room now looks good and feels good. Annie was the first to work with me on that room and JoAnne helped me make the next big dent. Thanks to all of you for your assistance.

While we were working today, I called Baby Sister to come over and I also spoke with my sister. So, while everyone was here I asked how they wanted to handle the day of surgery. I asked who was going to be at hospital for the surgery and who was coming later. Everyone wants to be at the hospital but I reminded them that they would just be sitting around while I'm in surgery. Mom, Babysister and Trina will ride to the hospital with me. Tyler, Breyen and Ferlando will come out later as they need to attend school/classes earlier in the day. Ferlando will take the train after leaving school downtown and Breyen and Tyler will drive out later. Because the hospital is so far away and my surgery is scheduled for later in the day, I reserved a hotel room for folks to stay the night if they wish to stay. I keep reminding everyone they can come the next day (Thursday) because I will still be out of it. Of course that fell on deaf ears. It will be nice to see them and have their support when I wake up. This is step one in getting prepared.

Next week, I have a doctor's appointment everyday except on Thursday and then again on the following Monday. I supspect by the time surgery comes around I will be pretty agagravated from being poked so much. In addition I have to tell the dr. to stop poking my breast, the skin is already purple and bruised from the last biospy. I do get to keep the skin so they need to be gentle. I'm sure he'll just look at me with a blank stare, but who knows he may listen. A girl can try. Also, I don't know if it is from the biospy but I have a new cluster/lump. I let Tyler feel it last night so I know it's not my imagination. Well a week from Wednesday it will be gone.

Several of my friends are planning to come vist before surgery. I suppose they want to see me and spend some time with the me they know now and come back to meet and see the new me after surgery. I think about the change too, but right now I remain prayerful for no cancer in the lymph nodes and no chemo. I know that God heals and all will be well. Put your faith in God and know you will all get your same friend back after surgery!

No comments: