Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ten Days to Go

Counting down...I have ten days to go before surgery. At this point, I'm just trying to enjoy the days and prepare for surgery. JoAnne reminded me today that I would need pajamas that button down the front because I will not be able to lift my arms. I hadn't thought about that, not the lifting of the arms but the button down the front PJ's. So I've added it to the list. I will do one more grocery shop before surgery as well. I wanted Breyen and Tyler to stay at Mom's during the surgery, but Mom will be with me and Ferlando will also be at the hospital as will my sister. So, I guess I will have to leave them at home. Breyen wanted to know why they needed to go to Grandma's. Crazy question from a child who disrespected my home the last time I left her al0ne at home. I just hope that this time she will do better. I think I've worked out rides for everyone and I've already reserved a hotel room near the hosptial. I will ask Louis to be a back up ride for the girls just in case they get into it and act silly about getting to the hospital. I have to talk to Tyler's teachers to excuse her from class on Thurs. and Friday, I'll have someone pickup the mail and ask my neighbor to watch out for the house. We will drive my car to the hospital so family will have wheels to get around. Oh yeah and of course, I have to make sure the bills are paid. Mom sugested that I vote eary, just in case I'm not up to getting around later, so I will look into that as well.

Anyway today was good. I went to church, it was Men's day. I always enjoy men's day and today was no different. We had Zarinah with us today. Henry was at the house to pick her up when we got home. Ferlando and Mom came over after church and we cooked meat loaf, garlic mashed potatoes, brocoli and a fresh salad. I also baked a german chocolate cake. It was a nice peaceful day. We watched movies, ate and just enjoyed each other's company. One of the track althetes from the Angelic Flyers (Eric) came by and spent the evening with us. He just lost his mom a couple of weeks ago. I hope he felt the peace in the house today as I did. I checked on Maria today, she's still kicking though not high. She will return to work tomorrow. I offered to take her to the train station tomorrow, but she opted out and asked that I allow her to walk. I really wish I could do more to help her. I will keep her in prayer, she'll be fine.

My friend Ann told me that I will be same to my friends even after surgery. I suppose in a lot of ways I will be...but since September 11 since I found out about the breast cancer, I've already changed. I'm getting smarter, my faith is growing and working on a strategy for facing my future. I don't know how to tell you what I mean by working on a strategy but I feel something evolving. I will share when I figure it out.

Chris wanted to know if it was okay to visit me in the hospital. It is pefectly fine to visit. I love company, calls are great too...do what feels best to you. Even if anyone chooses not to visit or call, I just ask that you keep me in prayer.

No comments: