Monday, October 20, 2008

Nine Days and Counting

I started the day today taking Tyler to school and then on to the Dr. for pre -op work. We went over my medical history, and I has an EKG. I then went to the Ingalls Family care center in lansing for blood work and an chest x-ray. The girl who took my blood was good, she didn't miss my vein and I didn't even feel the initial prick. I told her I wish I could take her to the hospital with me next week. I had a chance to sit and read a little bit as I was waiting to have the chest x-ray and that felt good. I came home had something to eat and read a little more and took a nap. I had planned to work out tonight but Tyler reminded me that it was College night. So we went to college night at HF. We stopped at the USC table and the recruiter told Tyler what I and so many others have told her and that is to cast her net wide. Tyler limits herself and I'm afraid she's going to miss out on many opportunities. She dosen't know where she wants to go to school except to say that she does not want to go to school in the midwest. I've explained she needs to go where the money is and thus far only IL schools are seriously recruiting her for track. Even though she does not want to go to school in the midwest I can't get her moving on writing essays for scholarships that might help or allow her to go to school out of state. I keep telling her she can't wait there will be no funds at the last minute. Maybe she thinks things are just going to fall in her lap...not this time. I almost wanted to cry at college night tonight, I'm so afraid she is going to throw away precious opportunites, much like her sister did but in a different way. I was angry at Breyen today. Nothing much has changed. I asked her to wash clothes around 2pm this afternoon, she said okay. She had company, they watched a movie and I reminded her that clothes could be in the machine while they watching the moving. Well that didn't happen. Around 5 PM I asked to wash the clothes again she said okay and got on the phone. I approached her again around 6 PM and she said she was going to wash clohtes and what difference did it make when she did them. I made her get off the phone and wash the clothes. She washed some of the clothes and it is now after 10 PM and not have been folded! Peewee said she doesn't know how to deal with the breast cancer.

Many people have told me about a sister, aunt, friend and or mother who has had breast cancer. It's almost as common as the common cold. I liken it to drug addicts; every family seems to have one. I'm the one.

The next appointment is with th plastic surgeon...

1 comment:

Diana said...

Father God, I pray for my sister in Christ. I ask that you would touch her body and bring complete healing in Jesus' name. Lord whether it be a miraculous move of your hand or through the process of surgery, I pray for total and complete healing.
I thank you that she can rely on your strength through this battle. I pray you would give her the peace that surpasses understanding and make your presence and your love so thick around her it is palpable. Send your people to minister hope and encouragement in Jesus' name.

I pray for your peace in her home. Do a work in her children, in her relationships with them, with her mom, let her just be so connected to You that You flow through her effortlessly. Help her to have wisdom beyond herself in dealing with the trials she faces both in the cancer and apart from it.

I speak blessing over her in Jesus' name. Amen.