Friday, October 10, 2008

Whew

The last two days have been grueling. I finally had the Biospy of the uterus. Mom, Babysister and I had to get up around 3:30 AM to get to Good Samaritan Hospital for a 7 AM start time. I picked up Babysister and Mom at about 4:15 AM. We arrived at Good Sam around 4:53 AM. I was registered by Diwana whom I think I recall meeting from a previous visit at the Hospital. I registerd and was taken back to the surgery suite, Mom and Babysister went with me. My nurse's name was Joyce, she had a great personality and she was funny. She kept us laughing. She graduated from Thorton Highschool in Harvey. She shared her highschool memories with us, it was nice because she helped me to relax. I had to get undressed and put on a hospital gown. I'm getting tired of this undressing, it seems my tail and my breast are always hanging out. It makes me want to scream (leave me alone) give me some privacy, I can do it all by self, after all I'm a big girl. But instead I just deal with it. They gave me two pills to swallow which they said would help to prevent nausea from the anesthesia. Then they took me to x-ray for a chest x-ray. It seemed that even the x-ray tech felt for me and my body parts that were hanging out. He tied my gown together for me so that most of me was covered up that is after he had me get out of the top of the gown for the xray. Then back to the waiting area. It was freezing, they gave me heated blankets, but poor Mom and Babysister were freezing. The anesthesologist came to talk to me, he assured me when I woke up I would not be groggy but up and ready to complete my day. My Dr. came in and talked to me, he wanted to make sure I knew why he was doing the Biospy and the DNC. Then the moment can, off to the OR. I remember being wheeled in, they were having trouble guiding the gurney but eventually we made it. They put the gurney next to the OR table and I scouted myself over. The next thing I knew I was in recovery and a nurse was making notes in my chart. I was sitting up. I talked with them for what seemed like 15 or 20 minutes and then I was up and riding in a wheel chair back to my room. Mom and Babysister were missing in action. I sat and watched TV and shortly after they were there. I went to the bathroom, got dressed came back and we went home. One down and one to go. When I got home, I laid down. Tyler made breakfast for me, I was starved. I ate, I slept. Later, Mom wanted me to eat but I was hungry. She tries so hard and I feel like I'm being a difficult patient but I'm doing what I need to to keep we strong mentally and physically. I came out of it okay I guess; I have a hughe bruise on my but, now how they managed that I don't know. I'll just call it after effects of the biospy. My jaw line is extremely sore as well. I suppose while I was out they had tie the oxgen mask relly tight. Important thing is...I'm still here and as my friend Maria would say "still kicking but not high".

The doctor did say he didn't see anything but we will have to wait for the pathology report to confirm that. I'm telling you "menopause really is a bitch" So, I believe all to be well in this area, now back to the breast.

Today we were up at 5 Am so that we could make it to Highland Park Hospital. Mom had prepared breakfast for me. I was a bad patient again. I didn't eat. I wasn't hungry, I don't usually eat that early even if I'm up and eating with a nervous stomach doesn't feel so good, so I didn't eat. I know that I hurt her feelings and I don't mean to, but as I said I have to do what I can for myself to stay strongh and able to deal with these medical procedures. Today I had an another MRI and bisopsy of the breast. It was quite different than what they did before. First I was allowed to get undressed by myself and the gown covered me up. My naked body parts were not hanging out. An IV was started (they had a little trouble finding the vein). The nurse missed the vein on Monday during pre-op blood work and now here again today, theywere fishing around trying to get a vein. They had to use a special needle to track down the vein. Thank God for a high tolerance to pain....still I'm tired of them missing. They then took me into the room where the MRI machine was waiting. I climbed on board. I laid face down with my boobs hanging through a hole on the table. My face was in a cradle, pretty much like on a massage table. There was a mirror beneath the cradle for the face so that I could see what was going on in the room. When they pushed me into the machine, it made me a little dizzy but I just closed my eyes and relaxed. They took a few scans, then they pulled me out. They then shot dye into the IV and pushed me back in for more scans. Then and here's the new part. While on the table, they worked from the side and below the table. They gave me a shot in my breast which numbed the breast. It didn't really hurt, it was a burning and stinging feeling. They then used a needle with a type of vacuum, they cut tissue in the brest and then used the vacuum to suck out the tissue and the blood, they also placed a metal clip in the breast and back into the MRI machine for more scans. It's funny what bothered me most was that my forehead was getting numb from laying face down on the face cradle. Go figure! When it was all done, my breast was bleeding quite a bit. They put pressure on the breast to stop the bleeding. They put a steri -strip over the incision and off to mammography. Yep for a mamograph. They didn't have to squeeze my breast so tight/flat because they have these new digital machines, so no pain. Then I was able to get dressed by myself and I was hungry! We stopped so Mom and Babysister could do a little shopping and then off to Leona's for food. I had a salad and pasta, it was good. I am going to get so fat during this process, well I'll worry about that later. I will get results of both biospy's mid week next week. I just want to be well. I'm tired. And, no doctor appointments next week, yea.

I'm praying for good news. Both of the girls are gone this weekend. The house is quiet but it feels good. I slept most of the evening and that felt good too. I'm going through the motions, it's real but it's not. Gotta go; tired just need to sleep so I get back to normal schedule.

No comments: