Sunday, October 26, 2008

Three Days to Go

I woke up this morning feeling snug as bug in a rug! I got up and went to church. I really wanted to go because it would be the last time before surgery. One of the young ministers delivered the sermon today, he was pretty funny. He talked about the Giants in our life, the type that get in the way and how we find our way around them. I'm working on several Giants right now, but as the Minister said trust in God will cut the Giant off at the knees.

I got upset with Tyler today. I was asking her advice on purchasing an Obama sweat shirt and she was really annoyed and rude. I told her after we left that I did not appreciate her behavior. Needless to say the ride home was quiet. It made me want to cry, but I know she's a teenager and it was teen age behavior and I'm a little bit more on the sensitive side lately.

When we got home, I made a german chocolate cake. Mom came over and washed windows. I thought it too cold for her to be washing windows but she seem content so I let her be. Mom also told me that Ferlando had gotten a call that his father was in the hospital. I called Ferlando and found out that his Dad has cancer in the lungs, spleen, etc. The Dr. sais he has some months. It shook Ferlando and my heart went out to him. He told me it was difficult for him to talk to me about it. I told him it is a part of life and please do not exclude me because of what I'm going through. He agreed, but I could hear the struggle in his voice. I told him to let me know if I can help in any way. I will definitely add his Dad to my prayers. Ferlando want to be there for me me and he wants and needs to be there for his father. I am prayerful and I know it will all work out. It's funny because Ferland and I had a conversation on Fri, about something else happening while this thing with me is going on. Remember "He" won't give us more than we can bear.

Walter and Milan came over as well. Walter cut the grass in the back and got the leaves up. Thank you Jesus, cause lord know I didn't want to do it. I still need to get the spirals cut, I'll call someone to do that tomorrow. It got so cold out while Walter was cutting the grass. He came inside to get warm, I made him some tea but he never got to drink it. He reached out to me to ask what he could to help and I truly apprciate the help.

I called baby sister, I asked if she was coming over today and she said "no". I let her know that I was baking the German Chocolate Cake, so she said "I know you"; I'll be over to get my cake today. She, Dani and Mike came over. Dani and Mike gave me some puzzle books to keep myself busy in the hospital. We sat and talked while I was baking the cake. Later the "Say Good bye to the Titty pot Luck got underway. Maria and Ariel came by, Auntee Charlene and Uncle Howard really surprised me when they came in the door. Trina and Shawna came by, Miss JoAnne, Ferlando, Nona, Anita, Tee, Annie and Darlene. We did talk about the Titty. I did take pictures of the titty too! But I didn't share them with everyone, not because it bothered me but because I thought it might bother my guests. Ferlando did say he didn't want to see the pictures, so I only shared them Annie. It's the new Titty that I think I may have more problems sharing. I thought that will come during the healing process. However, I found out that JoAnne, Maria and Darlene are all Wuss' :) All afraid of the sight of blood. Annie was the only strong one. We all had lot's of laughs about the breast. Anita was still teary eyed and cried when she tried to talk about it. I put my arms around her gave her hug and told her it would be okay. She took pictures. She said she will come over while I'm recouping and we would scrape book....I look forward to that. It was great to have my family and friends together. Even one of Tyler's gentleman friends came by with a box of candy and card for me...It really made me feel special. I missed Chris today. I'm sure we'll talk tomorrow.

I talked to cousin Gwen tonight. She's having a difficult time and having to face the possibility of relocation to keep her job. I told her God knows what's best and not worry it will all work out. She's always so positive so it was hard to hear her so down. I hope all will work out for her!

I didn't get a chance to talk to PeeWee for any real length of today, she called so I'll follow up with her tomorrow. I did talk to Shanita, so it was a full day of sharing love laughter and company with my family and friends. I absolultely loved it!

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow! LOL!!

No comments: