Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seven Days and Counting

Well, things are coming together. I had an eye doctor appointment today. The appointment went well. My eye sight has not changed much which is a good thing since I am already half blind. I actually got both contact lenses and glasses this time. I went ahead and got the glasses because if I have to take a lot of pain medication, I will probaly sleep alot and should not have my contacts on. And yes, there will be a bi-focal line. :)

Mom had the carpet in the family room cleaned today. It really gave the house a fresh scent. I appreciate her having it done, but worry that she can't really afford it. Anyway, I'm glad it's done. Now I have to clean my room. I did move my summer thngs out and brought in the winter things today. I tried to make sure I kept all of my button up shirts out as I will not be able to lift my arms to put on a pull over shirt after surgery. I will give my room a good cleaning tomorrow.

I spoke with my half sister Yvonne tonight. Don't tell her I called her my half sister. She is really my sister but I make the distinction so folks are not confused when I say sister. I have another half sister; her name is Mae. I spoke with her and her daughter tonight. They are keeping me in prayer and my niece saids she's coming to visit. She has always had a way of making my blood boil and tonight was no different. However, after talking for a while, she apologized and let me know that she was just worried. I understand the worry. I can say I'm concerned but not necessarily worried. I'm concerned about all the implications around the re-contruction. The concern is what may happen in the future, cetaininly nothing to worry about today. Darlene told me to stop reading about it, but I like to be informed even though it's overwhelming. I do realize that I am still blessed and luckier than most in regard to health. I listened to a segment on the news tonight about african american women dying from breast cancer because they don't get or can't afford the care. It made me realize how fortunate I am. I have some good doctor's and nurses taking very good care of me. Of course, I pray for them and ask God to bless them with the skills to care for me.

The hosptial called today. Surgery time has changed. Surgery is now scheduled for 12 Noon. I need to report to the hospital at 8:45 AM. I will stop at the plastic surgeons office before going to the hospital for marking. Yeah, you know, like on TV when you see the plastic surgeons mark the body to determine where to cut and or make adjustments. So another early day! I told Mom and Babysister so they can plan to get some sleep. Me, I probably won't sleep that night. That's okay cause I sleep pretty good most nights. I'll check with my primary care doctor tomorrow to make sure all of the pre-op lab work results are back and forwarded to the surgeons.

I don't have a docgtor's appointment tomorrow. Yea!

No comments: