Thursday, October 23, 2008

Six Days to Go

I have six more days to get things together. I started cleaning my room this morning but I didn't finish because Tyler was in my bed. She was not feeling well today. She woke up with a sore throat. I made a doctor appointment for her so that we could make sure she did not have Strep. If I get sick that postpones surgery and I really want to get it over with. She does not have strep. I still made her wash my bed linen though. Just in case. She said her germs were only on her side of the bed. I reminded her that she does not have a side, it's my bed! :)

I ran four miles today with Erica. I really felt good. Ferlando and Tyler told me that Mom is worried about my activity level. She wants me to rest. I can't be still, it's not me. Also, I am just doing what I would normally do. I'm not over doing it. I do stay busy. I like being busy and it allows me to sleep at night. I don't let too many things slow me down and I don't like to just lie down. I didn't even lie down when I gave birth. I gave birth sitting up. Even when I got hit by the car I didn't really lay down. But I must admit getting hit by the car did knock me on my butt. But even then when I got hit by the car and was taken to the ER, I was holding on to the side rails so I could sit up. I esp. wanted to sit up when I realized I had road rash on my back, that crap was painful. Five days after being hit by a car, I was at Tyler's Track Meet, sore,and stiff but there! Anyway, I figure after this surgery I will have plenty of time to rest! I mean women work up until the day they have the baby, maybe if Mom could think of it that way she would be more at ease. Staying busy and doing what I do keeps me strong, sitting being still would really wear me out at this point. I love Mom for being so concerned, I wish I could make it better for her. She will get her chance in six days to have me be still and have me bug her stuff/help. I know she's use to taking care of folks, but folks she has taken care of in the past have been near the end of their lives...I plan to Live!

Tonight I was thinking that I'm like Humpty Dumpty. I fell off the wall and I'm hoping the surgeons can put me back together again!

My friend Mel said, "boy why is this happening to you. I know so many people who are snakes in the grass and living the good life. You have such a good heart. Ah, sometimes I think I must be doing something wrong in my life rather I realize it or not. But then I think about my friend John who saids "bad things happen to good people all the time" However, I don't give the why of it much thought. Rather, I hold on the hope for a better day and for the future. I want to meet my sons in law and my grand children. Another of my friends' Mom said my life over the past thiry years has been like Jobs. OMG please don't go there I am not on that level and never want to be there.

Hugs yall. Thank you for all of the hugs, they make me feel safe and secure!

I wake in the mornings thanking God for another day, praying and praising. I'm still alright!

No comments: