Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This is It - Last day at home before Surgery

Today was a good day. Darlene called early and we talked for awhile. She assured me that I was not loosing her. I told her I better not! I talked to Angie for about an hour. There was something frantic in her
I washed my hair and went out to lunch with Chris. She is so sweet. She gave me a very touching card. It made .me want to cry but I didn't. She also gave me a book called "When Bad Things Happen to Good People " along with some Ghiradelli chocolate which I will take to the hospital with me. I know I can't eat it before surgery but when I wake up it will be there to entice me! Mom came over just as I was showing Chris the house. Mom started cleaning the house, although there isn't much to clean. I went to my room and let her clean. I guess this is her way of handling things. While she was cleaning I made some calls and took care of some business.

I got a call from the Eye Dr. indicating that my glasses were ready so Tyler and I went to pick them up. It's nice to have them before surgery because I'm sure I won't be able to put my contacts in for a while. I've had the same glasses since the late eighties, so this will definitely be a new look. Tyler saids she likes the old glasses better. However, I realized that she has seen me in the same glasses her entire life, so I guess the change really looks strange to her.

Ferlando promised to keep me in the loop with his Dad and his journey with cancer. He has done just that. He told me how clear his Dad's thoughts have been. I can relate because sometimes I have such clarity that I have to cloud it with something. It sounds like his Dad is doing as well as can be expected. I know all of this is hard on Ferlando. I hope that he will take care of his Dad and not wear himself out trying to be there for both of us. Even if he is not with me physically, I know where his heart is. I pray that God takes care of Jimmy and help Ferlando as he travels the cancer journey with his father.

I've gotten calls from friends and family all day today wishing me well and praying for me. I thank every one for the well wishes and prayers.

I am amazed, it's one day before and I still have peace. I'm not scared, I get a little anxious at times esp. when people around me get anxious or loud. As long as I stay quiet, I'm good. I've had tears come to my eyes as people pray with me. I brought my Mom a card that I plan to give to her in the morning. I hope it encourages her takes her fear away.

I spoke to Dr. Krause and the nurse in the other surgeons office today, they are ready to go. Mom has the pain and nausea medication in her purse. I missed the call from the hospital today, but messages were left. Mom, Babysister and I will leave at 6 Am tomorrow. We will go see the plastic surgeon and then go on to the hospital. So, tomorrow is the big day.

Tyler is braiding my hair and as I sit here I think, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to have my breast removed. I can't follow that train of thought, nothing rational about that right....oh well it is what it is Tyler asked me how I felt about the surgery. I told her I'm okay. Then I asked her the same question. She said she is not so worry about the surgery, she's more worried about the results. I continue to pray that there will be no cancer in the lymp nodes and no need for chemo or radiation.

I probably won't blog for a few days, but as soon as I'm able I will share with you the actual healing! I should be home by Saturday.

Shanita just got here. She drove in from Iowa City. She will go to the hospital tomrrow.

Tomorrow is the day!

No comments: