Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Moving Forward

Well the day for the biospy of the uterus has arrived. I have to be at Good Samaritan Hospital at 5 AM. Father God, I pray that there will be no cancer, and no complications. I'm not afraid, the anxiety has decreased and I think I will be able to sleep atleast until 4 AM. I hope the anesthesia will not make me sick and I hope that I can sleep it off pretty quickly. I need to recover quickly because I am scheduled for another procedure on Friday morning at Highland Park Hospital. Mom and Baby Sister are going with me to both procedures and both will have to get up at the crack of dawn with me. They are the lucky ones and I appreciate their support. So, should know for sure lumpectomy or mastectomy by the end of next week. I pray that my Dr. is correct and that I may be able to get rid of the cancer and keep my breast. Funny how we get attached to body parts! :)

I have had so many dr. appointments, everyone is confused about which procedure, which doctor and when. I keep track of it on my calendar and I take notes in a notebook. I really don't have to write it down, each step is etched into my memory as I continue to ask myself if this is really real.

I'm a bit on the tired so I will go to bed early tonight. I will pray myself to sleep and face the day with renewed strength.

I had a chance to spend some time with Ann on Monday. It was good to see her, we don't get to see her often. She always helps me see things logically. She is another awsome friend. There are so many and I am so thankful. I have no words for Ms. JoAnn, just expressions of love! I spoke with cousin Gwen she's been through a cancer episode herself and understands my faith and my fears. Mom took me grocery shopping today, I'm looking forward to chicken noodle and candy yams and cornbread, yeah buddy looking forward to Mom's home cooking!

I thank God for such a wonderful support system and I appreciate all of the prayers on my behalf. As I move forward, I know that God is my strength, my healer, he controls the hands of the surgeons and treatment from all the other doctors. He will get me through this using the service of my family and friends. We're moving forward and as I go I already have a wonderful testimony to share!

Two procedures in to days, overwhelming but glad to be moving forward toward the "new normal".

No comments: