Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Letter From A Friend

To I received a letter from my friend Shanita. I call her Nee and she calls me Tee. We met in 1977 over the summer before going to college. We were introduced to each other by my Aunt (BabySister). It turned out that our birthdays were just one day apart. We were college room mates. Nee has had a lot of drama in her life, in fact, I think she should write a book, I'm sure the book would sell maybe hit the best seller list. I've always thought of Nee as one of God's special angels, her faith has been strong and steadfast. God has always seen her through, she's wise, she's smart, she's eccentric :), she is Nee.

Today I received a letter from Nee and in that letter she shared her fear of losing me to breast cancer, it brought tears to my eyes. She couldn't explain why but she is very fearful that she will lose her life long friend. It's scary for me to hear that she has this fear because she has always had a sixth sense and is usually pretty accurate. It's one of the things we both have had in common over the years, this sixth sense if you will. We've known of deaths and other events that have taken place in our lives before others, we've been able to accurately predict some things that were yet to come. And if I'm honest, I have thought about dying. Shanita also prays an awesome prayer for my God to preserve my life. It's funny, I have so many good friends, I have three that I have been friends with for over thirty years. I've wondered now if I will be the first to go. When I look back I think I had so many clues. I knew I needed to get my house in order but I kept procrastinating, now I see so clearly.

My dear friend Shanita, Breast Cancer has a battle on it's hands. I will not go down without a fight. My faith will be strong enough for the both of us this time. Your life long friend is planning more of a life time of friendship. Even if it happens that I am not here in the flesh, I will always be your friend. Your letter has also helped me to understand my mother's fear. I tell you both, I'm not going anywhere. I have a couple of male friends that opted out of my life and I think how lucky (smart) they were so that they don't have to live through this with me, but you Shanita I know you will be there ALWAYS! I love you friend, God has heard your prayer, he's not finished with me yet.

I went to a Breast Cancer Support meeting tonight. There were six other women there who have the same type of cancer that I have. They are all survivors, it sounds like some of them have been to hell and back, but God has kept them here. Remain prayerful and faithful,...I am.

I love you my friend and thank you for the letter and the powerful prayer!

No comments: